What is ELCC?
The English Language and Culture Centre (ELCC) was established in Oct 2020 under the Quality Enhancement Support Scheme (QESS). Remodelled from the W104 language lab, the ELCC provides a casual and friendly atmosphere to encourage students’ self-directed learning in English. It is opened for use by both staff members and students of the Chu Hai College of Higher Education for their teaching and learning needs.
Our goals are to:
- Improve the English proficiencies of our staff members and students.
- Coordinate activities for the promotion of English language and culture.
- Work with all College faculties and units to enhance students’ learning experience and practical skills.
The Self-access Corner offers a variety of English-learning resources for students to choose based on their preferences and needs:
- Computers with access to English-learning programmes such as “Road to IELTS”;
- DVDs and CDs in connection with learning English through media;
- Books for both English-learning and casual reading;
- Touch screen TV with internet access; and
- Furniture for teamwork and group discussions.